B.E (E&E)., PGDBM., M.Tech (CS)., Ph.D. (IIIT-A)
ISTE (Member), CSI (Associate), IEI (Fellow), IEEE,
MTA Certified in Cloud Computing, Server Admin, Database, HTML5, and Networking
- Working on Cloud computing architecture and its security issues
- Supervising four Research Scholars in the field of Cloud Computing and IoT
Area of interest
- Next Generation Networks
- Flexible Networks
- Cloud Computing Architecture &
- Security in IoT
International Journal Reviewer
- International Journal of Internet Protocol Technology (IJIPT), Inderscience, Geneva, Switzerland
- Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA), Elsevier, Oxford, UK
- The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking (COMNET), Elsevier, Oxford, UK
- Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective, Taylor & Francis Group, London, UK
|From date||End date||Position held||Place of work|
|30/06/2017||Till date||Professor||Works for the department of Computer Science and Engineering, PES Institute of Technology and Management, Shivamogga,|
|26/04/2019||Till date||Head of IT (Procurement)||Works for PES Campus, Shivamogga|
|07/08/2013||29/06/2017||Professor and Head||Department of Information Science and Engineering, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management (SCEM), Mangalore|
|2010||2012||Visiting Faculty||RGIIT, Amethi, Sultanpur, UP|
|17/08/2009||06/08/2013||Associate Prof.||Dept. of ISE, Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangaluru|
|09/09/2008||14/08/2009||Assistant Prof.||Dept. of ISE, JNN College of Engineering, Shivamogga|
|04/04/2005||30/04/2005||Dept. of CS, JNN College of Engineering, Shivamogga|
|01/10/2002||03/04/2005||Dept. of E&E, JNN College of Engineering, Shivamogga|
|March,2007||June, 2007||Project Engineer||UAE|
|Jan, 1994||Feb, 1999||Engineer (Installation)||Bengaluru|
|Authored a book titled “A to Z Linux” bearing ISBN No. 978-93-5396-941-7 in the year 2020.||Authofed a book titled “ABC of Hadoop, Docker & Ansible”|
Professional CertificationsMicrosoft Technology Associate (MTA) in
- 98-364: Database Fundamentals
- 98-365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- 98-366: Networking Fundamentals
- 98-369: Cloud Fundamentals
- 98-375: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
edX Course Completion
- Introduction to Linux, Linux FoundationX – LFS101x (5th Jan, 2018)
- Fundamentals of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat – RH066x (10th Jan, 2018)
- Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift – DO081x (26th Feb, 2018)
Udemy Course Completion
- Certificate course on
Complete Hypnotherapy & HypnosisCertification Diploma - 19 June, 2020 (https://ude.my/UC-386230a0-ad0f-4c4c-ae0b-0a2ba8c49e79).
- Certificate course on
The Complete Web Developer in 2020: Zero to Mastery- 13 July, 2020 (https://ude.my/UC-51a89e12-1705-456c-bf7e-a0620216892c)
- Fellow of Institute of Engineers (India)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education
- Life Member of Computer Society of India
- Member of IEEE
Reviewer of International Journals
- International Journal of Internet Protocol Technology (IJIPT), InderScience, Switzerland
- Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA), and Journal of Computer Networks (COMNET), Elsevier, Oxford, UK &
- Information System Security: A Global Perspective, Taylor & Francis Group, UK Reviewed manuscripts with titles:
- COMNET - Wi-Fi HaLow for the Internet of Things: An Up-to-date ...
- JNCA - Dynamic MTU for Reducing the Packet Drop …. ,
- JNCA - A Cache-aware Social-based QoS Routing Scheme in ….,
- JNCA - Optimal Cache Placement for Campus Networks with ….,
- JNCA - Isolated Forwarding Strategy in Metro ….,
- ISS - Exploration of Access Control ...
- IEEE Security & Privacy – Vulnerability of the Process Communication Model ….,
- InderScience – A Short Review on Data Security and Privacy Issues in Cloud ….
- ICAITA, Dubai, Implementation and Performance Evaluation of Hybrid ...
- CECNet, Beijing, China Cloud Sercie Trust Model and its Application ...
Accreditation Processes (NBA & NAAC)
- NAAC: Filled the SSR, and DVV completely at PES Institute of Technology and Management in 2020.
- Member of Internal Audit Committee for NBA: Served as internal audit committee member for PESITM, and inspected six programmes in 2020.
- NBA coordinator: Worked as one of the college Coordinator of NBA process at PESITM in 2020.
- Has work experience of NBA process at JNN College of Engineer, Shivamogga (Awarded with B Grade)
- Has work experience of NAAC process at SCEM, Mangaluru (Awarded with B+ Grade)
- Member of Local Inquiry Committee (LIC) inspected B.M.S College of Engineering, B.M.S Evening College of Engineering, and Sai Vidya Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 26 & 27th, April 2016.
- Member of Local Inquiry Committee (LIC) inspected Basaveshwara Engineering College, Bagalkot & KLE Institute of Technology, Hubli on 13 & 14th, March 2015.
- Many times set question papers for VTU (UG and PG)
- Evaluated answer scripts at UBDT, Davanagere (2018)
- Deputy Chief Superintendent – Internal at PESITM, during 17 to 23, June 2018.
- Chief Superintendent of Digital valuation centre, SCEM, Mangaluru (2015)
- Certified ISO 9001:2015 auditor (Internal)
- Certified Chartered Engineer by IE(I)
Other Jobs and Responsibilities
- Session Judge for the National Conference on Engineering Developments (NCED-2020) paper presentation, PES Institute of Technology and Management, Shivamogga, held on 29, Feb 2020.
- SPOC for National Test Agency - conducted exams
- E-Attestation Incharge – Served as one of the E-Attestation incharge for SC/ST/Minority group scholarship of PESITM. Verified and e-attested more than 600 applications. (2020)
- e-Waste Dispose – Initiated MoU with Government authorized agency and disposed PESITM e-waste (2019)
- Floated projects: VGST, and AICTE agencies.
- Judge for the Prastuti paper presentation (Techzone-2019), National Level Technical Symposium, organized by IE(I) chapter held at JNN College of Engineering, Shivamogga on 26th, April 2019.
- Planned and setup a computer lab for MBA - Established a well furnished computer network lab with a total of 30 computers for PES MBA department (2019)
- Technical Programme Reviewer – A third IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT – 18) Conference organized at GCCC Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women, Mysore. (15/12/2018)
- Third Party Inspection: A third party inspection of Video Conference setup made inspect at Central Prison and Prl. District & Sessions Court Shivamogga, on 16/11/2018.
- Planned and setup three computer labs for Polytechnic - Established three well furnished computer network labs with a total of 100 computers for PES Polytechnic. Total estimated cost was 63 laks approx. (2018)
- PESITM campus Computer Network Incharge (Since 2018) and member of IT procurement committee.
- Technical Paper Reviewer of NCARSEM – 18 Conference organized by PESITM.
- Interview Committee Panel Member for various positions at PESITM.
- Created Computer internal parts showcase board for department (at PESITM & SCEM)
- Out Come Based Education Software System coordinator of PESITM.
- CSE Department Research Centre Incharge of PESITM.
- Chief Guest for Chiguru at D.K.Z.P Higher Primary School, Kumpala, Mangaluru on 17th, April 2016.
- Judge for the Prastuti paper presentation held at JNN College of Engineering, Shivamogga on 22nd, April 2016.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) trainer: Trained students and faculty for MTA certifications and about 130+ members pursued the MTA global certifications in the streams of Networking Fundamentals and Database Administration.
- SPOC of Microsoft Innovation Center at SCEM, Mangaluru.
- Judge for CANTECH paper presentation at Canara Engg. College, Mangaluru on 28th, April 2015
- Judge for ENVISION–15 paper presentation at SIT, Merlapadav Mangaluru on 26th, February 2015.
- Worked in various committees constituted at SCEM, Mangalore.
- Reformation of laboratory timings: Instrumental in modifying three hours of single slot laboratory session spreading over two days as 1 hour and 2 hours of lab sessions with at least a day gap in between. In the first day of one hour lab slot, programs of current week are explained with demonstration. On the other day of two hours slot, the first hour is used for conduction of previous week executed programs test, and followed by viva, which is evaluated and marked their in session record. Rest one hour is used for the execution of the current week lab programs. Outcome: This helped students in better understanding of the programs and performing well in final exam.
- Established labs: Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Microprocessor, Web Programming, Network Simulation etc at JNNCE & SCEM.
- Administration of campus computer network: Complete campus network of SCEM maintained and administered.
- Installation and Fine Tuning of Linux Servers: Complete JNNCE computer network was installed and administered during the period of 2004 – 2009. And configured Squid server for Internet facility. Installed many servers like NFS, CUPS, FTP, MySQL at department.
- Worked as Presiding Officer at Polling Party No. 152 for the 21st Shimoga Lokasabha Election held on 02-06-2005.
Sculpturist as hobby
- As a metal sculptures made many statues for temples
- Filed government tenders and executed orders
PhD. Research Scholars (Persuing)Working in the area of Cloud Computing and Next Generation Network
- Mr. Sudheer S
- Mr. Chanchal Antony
- Mr. Pavan Kumar V &
- Mr. Janardhana D R
- "Need of Multi-Cloud Environment and Related Issues: A Survey", Journal of Xi'an University of Architecture & Technology Volume XII, Issue IX, 2020 ISSN No: 1006-7930. Online
- "Service-oriented Network Architecture: Significant Issues and Principles of Communication," International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering, Vol. 10, Issue 3, pp. 306-314, Jan 2015. Online
- "Exploration of Security Levels for the Flexible Services using SOA Mechanisms," In International Journal of Information Privacy, Security and Integrity (IJIPSI), Inderscience, July, 2013.
- "Broker’s Communication for Service Oriented Network Architecture," International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking (IJFGCN), Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp. 77 -88, Dec, 2012. Online
- "Service Authentication Codes (SAC) for Emerging Network Architectures," International Journal on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology, Vol. 6 Issue 1, pp. 48 -54, Nov 2011. Online
National / International Conferences
- “Kubernetes: A Case Study” - Proceedings of the National Conference on Engineering Developments (NCED-2020), PES Institute of Technology and Management, Shivamogga held on 29, Feb 2020.
- “Cloud Computing as a Next Generation Network – A Case Study,” Proceedings of the 5th National Conference on Computer Networks & Information Security (NCCNIS 2016), Vasavi College of Engineering, Hyderabad, TS. 6 - 7, pp. 8 - 9, April 2016.
- “Bipartite Graph Approach for Cloud Selection Service,” Proceedings of the 5th National Conference on Computer Networks & Information Security (NCCNIS 2016), Vasavi College of Engineering, Hyderabad, TS. 6 - 7, pp. 1 - 3, April 2016.
- "Design and Implementation Issues of Flexible Network Architecture," IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN - 2011), pp. 283–288, Oct, 2011. Online
- "Security and Authentication Issues in Emerging Network Architectures with Special Reference to SONATE," IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN - 2011), pp. 658 - 662, Oct, 2011. Online
- "Exploring Service Oriented Network Architecture for Multicast Functionality," International Conference on Frontiers of Computer Science, Aug, 2011. Online
- "ABT – A Tool for Electrical Energy Management and Grid Management," Power Conversion and Industrial Drives (PCID), Mar, 2006.
- "Analysis of Loss Level in Electrical Energy Transmission and Economics of Grid Conversion (220 kV to 400 kV) – A Case Study," Power Conversion and Industrial Drives (PCID), Mar, 2006.
- "A Composite Study of Polling based Media Access Protocols for using Base Stations," SACOEFERENCE National Conference, Aug, 2005.
- "Runtime Matching and Invocation using RDF for Web Services," International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 4, pp. 1523 - 1526, April, 2014.
- "Checksum Based Centralized Management Framework for Internal Intrusion Detection and Prevention," IJERT, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 1187 - 1191, Feb, 2014. Online
- "State of the Art of Cloud Computing and its Research Issues," Research Journal of Science and Technology (RJST), 32(6), pp. 147–152, 2010.
Workshop / Training / Attended / Participated / Invited ( with my unbiased opinion )
- Three day workshop on Data Science with Machine Learning and Python using Jupiter Notebook IDE, held at PESITM, conducted by Dept. of Information Science & Engineering, during 27 to 29 Jan 2020.
- One day workshops on e-Waste & its Management, conducted by District Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Shimoga, at MBA, Auditorium, JNNCE, on 7 Sep 2019.
- One week CSI certified, FDP on Deep Learning organized by PESITM, Shivamoga during 23 to 27 July 2018.
- ne week FDP organized by PESITM, Shivamoga during 01 to 05 Aug 2017
- One day workshop on Cloud Computing at VTU Regional Center, Mysore on 5th, December 2015. IBM Bluemix is a Digital Innovation Platform for the next generation, which is used to create, deploy & manage applications in the cloud.
- Delivered a technical talk on TCP / IP Curse or Boon for the Future Internet at Alva's Institute of Engineering & Technology, Moodbidri on 21st, October 2015
- Judge for National Level Technical Fest - CANTECH paper presentation at Canara Engg. College, Managlaore on 28th, April 2015
- Member of Local Inquiry Committee (LIC) for Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot & KLE Institute of Technology, Hubbali on 13 & 14th, March 2015
- Judge for ENVISION - 15 paper presentation at SIT, Merlapadav Managlaore on 26th, February 2015
Two days workshop on Cloud Computing at Sahyadri, Mangalure, by Technophilia Systems, on 16 & 17, January 2015
- Very basics were tried to explain, but the resource person himself was not clear about that. Overall the workshop was not up to the mark.
- One week workshop on IT Infrastructure Management Services at BNMIT, Bengaluru from 5 - 9, January 2015
- 3 - day Faculty Development Program on Understanding Self & Interpersonal Relationship at SCEM by Prof. S. Chandrashekar, Joint Director (Inspectors), DTE, Bengaluru from 21 - 23 July, 2014
- The program was more philosophical hence it did not benefit me. The resource person tried to show the command on the participants, which was not supposed to be.
- 3 - day workshop on Strategic Leadership for Excellence at SCEM by International Academy for Competency Enhancement, Bengaluru from 2 - 4 January, 2014
- 2 - day workshop on Effective Leadership for Excellence at SCEM by International Academy for Competency Enhancement, Bengaluru from 9 - 10 December, 2014
- One day IBM Faculty Enablement Workshop on Java and WebSphere Technologies at RVCE, Bengaluru, 30 November, 2013
- The program was not up to the mark.
- 2 - day Faculty Development Program by CSI - Bengaluru Chapter and VTU - Belagavi on i3 for i3 at Jnana Sangama, VTU - Belagavi from 10 - 11 January, 2013
- I found it was totally wasted by attending this program. And I felt that it was organized just for the namesake. Even there was no coordination among the organizer.
- Fourth Science Conclave: A Congregation of Nobel Laureates, Eminent Academicians and Scientists at IIIT-Allahabad, from November 26 -02 December, 2011
- One of the rare kind of program.
- 3 - day, International Conference on Frontiers of Computer Science at J N Tata Convention Center, IISc, organized by Atria College of Engineering, Bengalure, from 7 - 9 August, 2011
- Third Science Conclave: A Congregation of Nobel Laureates, Eminent Academicians and Scientists at IIIT-Allahabad, from 8 - 14 December, 2010
- One of the rare kind of program.
- Second Science Conclave: A Congregation of Nobel Laureates, Eminent Academicians and Scientists at IIIT-Allahabad, from 8 - 14 December, 2009
- One of the rarest kind of program never seen in my life.
- Two weeks MHRD sponsored Summer School on Wireless Sensor Networks: Open Issues & Research Directions at NIT-K Surathkal, organized by Dept. of Computer Science, from 22 June to 03 July, 2009
- One week AICTE - ISTE sponsored Short Term Training Program on Advances in E-business Applications & Management Information Systems organized by Dept. of ISE, JNNCE Shivamogga, from 16 - 20 June, 2008
- One week Training on Linux Campus Networking, Installation & Maintenance at JNNCE, Shivamogga, from 1 - 5 August, 2007
- One week Training on Data Warehouse & Data Mining at JNNCE, Shivamogga, from 2 - 5 January, 2007
- One week Training Program on Learning Management Systems co-sponsored by National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) & CEDT at IISc Bengalure from 7 - 11 March, 2006
- One week Training on Microsoft .NET at JNNCE, Shivamogga, by Indiss, from 8 - 12 January, 2006
- Two weeks ISTE sponsored workshop on Digital System Design using VHDL at JNNCE, Shivamogga, from 4 - 12 March, 2005
- 3 - day, Kuvempu University & MIT Touch Lab, USA, organized International Conference on Human Machine Interfaces (ICHMI) at J N Tata Convention Center, IISc, Bengalure, from 20 - 23 December, 2004
- One week ISTE sponsored workshop on Recent Advances in Image Processing at JNNCE, Shivamogga, from 1 - 5 March 2004
- Three weeks UGC sponsored Refresh Course on Simulation Tools for Electrical Engineering Applications at JNTU, Hydrabad, from 10 February to 1 March, 2003
- Two weeks AICTE - ISTE sponsored workshop on Impact of New Technologies on Electric Power Industry at JNNCE, Shivamogga, from 20 - 31 January, 2003
- The program was good in spite of starting a bit late. The host could have arranged simple scribbling pad or a few sheets of paper to jot down the important points. In the acceptance letter they could have given information about how to reach the venue (like bus number 110).
- This is my personal opinion, overall the quality of the delivery was not satisfactory. The corporate world blames on the academy for not keeping in phase with them. But they should come forward in helping the teaching fraternity to upgrade knowledge. This was lacking in the program. Except Mr. Veera Reddy of ESCI and Amith Solanki rest of the presentations were not up to the mark.Mentioned Invited speakers were Mr. Sreenivas Prasad ESCI, Mr. Sumanth Kalya, Freelance Consultant, Mr. Loganandan Accenture, Mr. Liju Gopinath, Consultant iGATE, Mr. R Selvamanian, Trainer TCS. Mr. Sathish Kumar Bhoplae, Sr. Consultant HP, Mr. Chinmaya Murthy, Oracle, and Mr. Satish KV, Sr. Consultant HCL.
But arrived speakers were Mr. Veera Reddy of ESCI, Mr. M Gopikrishna Mr. Satish KV, HCL Mr. Sathish Kumar Bhoplae, Sr. Consultant HP, Mr. Chinmaya Murthy, Oracle, Mr. Ramanand Sastri Mr. Krishna Kumar M, Sr. Consultant TCS and Mr. Amith Solanki.
Subjects Taught for UG / PG
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory
- Graph Theory and Combinatorics
- High Voltage Engineering
- Logic Design
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Measurements and Measuring Devices
- Microprocessors - 8085
- Mobile Communication
- Multimedia and Computing
- Object Oriented Modeling & Design
- Object Oriented Programming with C++
- Object Oriented Programming with Java
- Operating Systems
- Operation Research
- Quantitative Analysis
- Switch Gear and Protection
- Transmission and Distribution
- Unix and Shell Programming
- Unix System Programming
- Web Technology and its Applications
- Advanced Database Management Systems - PG
- Advance Computer Networks - PG
- Advanced Operating Systems - PG
- AI Applications to Power Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and its Application to Power System
- Automata Theory and Computability
- Client Server Technologies
- Client Server Programming
- Cloud Computing - PG
- Cloud Computing and Its Applications
- Computer Concepts & C Programming
- Computer Graphics and Visualization
- Computer Networks - II
- Computer Organization
- Constitution of India and Professional Ethics
- Control Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Data Structures with C
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- DC Machines & Synchronous Machines
- Electronic Circuits
- Electronics Devices and Circuits
Delivered Technical Talk
- Delivered a technical talk on “Computer Networking” for BCA final year students of PESIAMS, Shivamogga, on 17/01/2019.
- Two sessions on “Latex for Beginners”, in FDP conducted by PESITM, Shivamogga, on 25/01/2018
- A session on “Graphology: A Graphologist Tool”, in FDP conducted by PESITM, Shivamogga, on 24/01/2018
- A session on “Internet Website Awareness for Teachers”, Mythri College of Education, Shivamogga, on 30/11/2017
- One day talk on “A Review Session on TCP / IP Suite”, PESITM, Shivamogga, on 03/08/2017
- A session on “TCP / IP a Curse or Boon for Future Internet”, Alva's Institute of Engineering & Technology, Moodbidri on 21/10/2015
- A session on “Computer Networking Latest Technologies”, JNN College of Engineering, Shivamogga, 2014
- A session on “Service Oriented Network”, IIIT Allahabad, 2012
Organized, Coordinated and Other Works
- Coordinated in 5th Industry Institute Conclave on Electronics, Computational and Communication Technologies” held at PESITM, Shivamogga on May 11, 2019.
- Coordinated in National Conference on Advanced Research in Science, Engineering and Management, held at PESITM, on 26th May 2018.
- Organized two days workshop on “Refresh on NBA”, in association with BITES, Bengalure, during 28 & 29 Jan 2019, at PESITM.
- Conducted twice, Microsoft Edukinet Yappon Hackathon Program (2013 & 14)
- Member of Indicator Committee for Nobel Laureates’ Science Conclave at IIIT-Allahabad (2010 & 11).
- Conducted a workshop on “Software installation and hardware maintenance” for SCEM staff (2009).
- Conducted a workshop on “Server configuration and usage” for SCEM faculty (2009).
- Designed and developed complete campus network for SCEM (2009).
- Member of Internet awareness program for house wives, organized at JNNCE Shivamogga (2007).
- Member of Antarjala, Internet awareness program for school students at JNNCE (2006). Technical Expert for SIMUL: For selection of computer operator staff at Machenahalli, Shivamogga (2006).
- Short Term Program at JNNCE, Shivamogga (2005).
- Member of International Conference on Human Machine Interface held at IISc auditorium, Bangalore (2004).
- Setting up of new Digital laboratory for Electrical Department at JNNCE (2002).
Projects HandledMany hardware, software and electronics related projects were done at college premises as well as in the industries. Some of them are:
- Trajectory Tracking System for RADAR at BEL, Bangalore
- Micro controller for Switch gears at ABB, Bangalore
- Simulation of motor winding design using C++ at BEL, Bangalore
- RPM creation editor for Linux
- Digital Energy meter, etc.
- Developed a website using HTML5 technology (http://apmanu.in)
- Developed a responsive website (http://hasivu.in)
- Developed a responsive website (http://tmtechnologies.in)
- Developed a Proxy Management System on OpenStack
- Developed System Administration Automation using Ansible
- 9 Months, Unix and Advanced C at Uttara Allied Training Center, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru
- 1 Month, RedHat Enterprise Linux server configuration at Udaya Technologies, Shivamogga.
- 15 Days, Faculty Enablement Program ( FEP ) at Infosys DC, Mysore.
- 1 Week, Microsoft .NET training held at JNNCE, Shivamogga, by Indicom Software & Services, Bangalore.